Friday 4 February 2011

Poll: Embra-based films

So where to start this blogging adventure?  Well, it's a blog about watching films in Edinburgh so I thought I'd kick off with a poll on that theme.  I've set one up on the right for you to vote for your favourite film set (not necessarily filmed) in this braw city.

I picked the best films I could think of to include but if you feel I've made an obvious omission please let me know.  I don't think I have but prove me wrong.

"What about Journey to the Centre of the Earth?"  That's really more set under the city than in it, I would say.

"You've left off Annie Griffin's Festival from 2005 starring Stephen Mangan, Chris O'Dowd, and Daniela Nardini."  Yes.  Yes I have.  By no means the worst way to spend two hours but I've never heard anyone describe it as one of their favourite film.  For a reason.

"What about Burke and Hare?"  Go away, you're not welcome here.

A near addition was the film below before I was told that the city in question was not Edinburgh.  Shame.

3 comments:

  1. Trainspotting just pulling ahead at the moment with 20 votes in so far. So why have you all voted the way you have?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was torn between The Illusionist and Shallow Grave, and plumped for The Illusionist because it had a greater emotional impact on me. I do like that Shallow Grave is basically the Pardoner's Tale though. Wonder if there's any scope for a film /Canterbury Tales crossover course?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went for the Illusionist also, fantastic film, moved me on so many levels.

    ReplyDelete